Thread: my first saber

Default my first saber

Hi

I am RedneckJedi. I have been a fan of star wars for a very long time. I was able to get my hands on a 2010 hasbro vader with the removable blade when they were new. I love it. I saw while walking through lowes some sink tubes on sale and thought right away to make my first lightsaber. I got the tubes and gathered some other stuff up and made my first saber. After making my saber snd wanting to show it off i discovered the world of lightsaber building. This is my first saber. Luke skywalker inspired. Straight LED no sound. Went for a mix of the original trilogy and the prequel with the bronze accents and aluminum grips. Lots of jb weld and shrink tube to make everything very very strong even with the simple led circuit. Critisizm welcome and encouraged. Thank you.

Hardware sabers are always cool in my book! Nice work on your first one!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I also enjoy a good hardware saber. You've just made your first steps into a larger world. Welcome to the hobby!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks for the kind words. The front come out and has the battery and everything in there. I have it set up(except for the switch thats a regular on off which i messed up on) so its easy to put a sound card in from the cheapie walmart sabers(not intentionally just how it worked haha). I wish i would have known about this site sooner so i could have put in the proper switch. Other than come cleaning up on it its done. Going to put it up next to my vader on my mantle.