Thread: The Clan "X" Saber

Default The Clan "X" Saber

THE CLAN "X" SABER
    (A cousin to LDM's Knurled Clan Saber)

This design started out after LDM showed off his Knurled Clan saber years ago. I liked that saber at the time, but couldn?t afford to get into the auction he had planned for it. After thinking about it for a while, I decided that eventually I would make myself something similar to it (and LDM was nice enough to give me his permission to do it years ago). Though I liked his version, I decided that I would put my own ?spins? on it. The ?top half? is similar to LDM?s version, only instead of some screw heads on the ?opposite side?, I added a PLI on that side, and on the ?control knob? side, The bottom ?screw? is actually the recharge port.

SPECS

PC 3.5
    Tri-Cree GGW
    3.7V 18650
    2W Bass Speaker

GLAMS

There is no video for now. I'll post it when I finish the other 2 projects I am working on, and will do all 4 videos at once. :P
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 03-11-2016 at 08:43 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Very very clean.

I've never seen LDM's saber this is based off of but I know I like this one that's for sure. There's only been a few times I've liked knurled sabers and this is definatley one of them. It might be that the knurled areas are sectioned off versus just haveing a whole section. Plus it looks like its so comfy in the hand which I also like a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by snilam View Post
    I've never seen LDM's saber this is based off of but I know I like this one that's for sure. There's only been a few times I've liked knurled sabers and this is definatley one of them. It might be that the knurled areas are sectioned off versus just haveing a whole section. Plus it looks like its so comfy in the hand which I also like a lot.
    It has a special grip that to my knowledge has never, ever been done before in quite this way.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

Very nice FJK.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

I really love the rear grip on this one. Nice work FJK!

Very cool FJK - I really love how the sectioned knurled grips came out.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Nice looking saber.