Thread: Recharge port and that pesky speaker mount

Default Recharge port and that pesky speaker mount

I have a skilcraft recharge port sitting in a Brass MPS Insert Style 6 which is sitting in a MPS Pommel style 4 which is in front of a 2W 28mm bass speaker being held in by a MHS speaker mount V5. My question is this. For my current set up which I listed above, How do I go about running the wires from the recharge port past the speaker and mount to the battery that is on the other side? Do I Dremel a groove to run the wires? Drill a hole to glue in some tubing? This must have already been figured out because I have seen several builds with the recharge port in the pommel adjacent to the speaker. Any help is appreciated.

Yep, generally people carve some channels into the edge of the speaker holder to pass wires through.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

What Miraluka said. I used a milling machine to cut a channel in one before and used hot glue to hold the wires in the channel.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Lol, I'm fresh out of milling machines you lucky duck. I do have a Dremel and a drill. Appreciate the info guys. Cheers

Is the V5 mount plastic or anodized aluminum? If it's plastic the mod for a wire passthrough should be extremely simple.

Definitely not anodized aluminum so you should be able to mod it for a wire to pass through without too much difficulty.

I believe they are made out of delrin..

(so a softer, slippery type of 'plastic')