Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: First try at CF7 + CeX, need advice please

My concern is that, if the positive lead from the battery was connected at any time while you were soldering on the board, it's possible that the board could have been fried somewhere. Assuming that isn't the case, I would start checking for solder beads that could have even the most miniscule short against something else on the CF.

So I disconnected the Cex and tried just the main power, speaker, switch without led soldered, and the one main led (red ).
    Nothing happens. But how is that? When the Cex was wired the green led came on, so i know i had power.
    That leads me to believe my connections to the battery are fine, but don't assume I guess right?
    Thoughts? Are the diagrams I downloaded correct? Where to from here?
    Edit: I also formatted the sd and put Erv's CF default package on it, is this correct?

I will check my connections first thing in the morning!
    I posted the progress i made or didn't make previously, anyone had that issue before?
    Really wish i had a multimeter so i could check those leads coming from the battery, just have never picked one up. Ugh

if you have a multimeter check for voltage coming into the board. i doubt it but its possible that you wired up your recharge port wrong. also, make sure your SD card is inserted when you are testing your board (but not when you are soldering onto it)
    like sgcdialller said, its possible that there is something fried on your board or that you have a solder bridge somewhere. if its not working properly without all the extra stuff connected, at least we now know that its no the color extender or any of your accessories that is giving you problems.

its also possible that your SD card needs to be reformatted. if you have voltage coming in from the batteries then thats the next place i would look.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter73 View Post
    Really wish i had a multimeter so i could check those leads coming from the battery, just have never picked one up.
    Word to the wise: doing electrical work without a multimeter handy is generally...inadvisable. Get one.

It was a good idea to format the SD card; did you do a quick format or no? Sometimes a quick format doesn't do the trick.
    Another thing I would check at this point is whether or not your battery is charged.

ive got a way for you to test foltage coming into the board. get the + and - from one of your LEDs, put a resistor on it so the 3.7V wont blow it, and connect it to your board voltage inputs. if the LED lights up then youre getting voltage.

I will get a multimeter asap. Reformatted the sd to be safe and reinstalled default package.
    Also charged the battery up, but thats assuming my power connections are good. Still nothing.
    I will try what clahey83 suggests as soon as i have a moment to do so, and keep you updated.
    I'm determined to solve this

Have you bothered to manually go through the LED configurations on the SD card to make sure it is actually set up to light up?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

No I've never had to yet, only used NB up to this point.
    I kinda figured Erv's package would do that.
    What's the best way to go about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter73 View Post
    No I've never had to yet, only used NB up to this point.
    I kinda figured Erv's package would do that.
    What's the best way to go about it?
    Put the SD card into your computer, check the config.txt files, the override files. Read the Manual for details.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com