Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: First try at CF7 + CeX, need advice please

Default First try at CF7 + CeX, need advice please

I can't seem to figure this out, maybe I've been at it too long today.
    Finished the wiring, inserted sd card and pulled kill key, all that happens is the green led comes on ( it's a cree R,G,Rb )
    Obviously something is wrong, but for the life of me I followed the diagram I have, which could be wrong as well.
    Where would I start diagnosing this, no sound and a constant on led?
    Thanks
    -Darkmatter73

The green comes on when? When you pull the kill key?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Correct, thats the only thing that happens. No boot sound, or sound at all, no response from switches.

Sounds like you have a short somewhere.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Any problems that are glaring?

I don't see anything glaringly wrong.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Attachment 12404

Those black wires look a little crushed. Probably nothing but worth a look

you might not like this idea, but it might be the best way to narrow down your problem.
    desolder all non-essential connections. the only things connected should be:
    power, speaker, led channel 1.
    MAYBE leave the switches connected, but it would be better to use some tweezers to simulate the button presses. also, remove power from the color extender. this should eliminate most of the possible problems.
    once you have done this, try to power on the saber again. if it doesnt work check the components that are still connected for shorts and exposed wires.
    once you get it working in this state, start connecting the other components one at a time testing each one for normal operation with each component you connect, starting with the switches, then add power to the color extender, then connect one channel at a time to the color extender.

I think they got melted a bit
    If this were your saber, where would you start the diagnosis, I've pored over my diagrams but I can't seem to find the issue :/
    Edit : didnt see your post before i posted clahey83, i will try that tomorrow,off to work now, and thank you
    Last edited by Darkmatter73; 11-16-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Given that your wires and stuff overlap a lot and it's difficult to see all the connections, could you post an electrical diagram showing how you've wired everything?

EDIT: This isn't the cause of the issue you described, but I notice that you haven't bridged the pads for Accent LED #8. Whatever LED you have on that white wire isn't going to light until you bridge those pads from the CF's MCU.
    Last edited by sgcdialler; 11-16-2015 at 05:32 PM.