Thread: PVC switch mounting question

Default PVC switch mounting question

Hi all! After a month or so of research and designing, I'm finally building my first stunt saber in time for TFA! I'm keeping the design simple, but I wanted to do something a bit ***y with the switch.

My plan is to have a guarded latching switch mounted in a 1" ID pipe which serves as the main body of the saber which is "shrouded" in a larger pipe which makes up the grip of the weapon. I included a diagram that hopefully illustrates what I'm clumsily trying to describe.

http://imgur.com/TFj9qjX

My question is this: Does anybody know the exact OUTSIDE diameter of the guarded switch? I'll need to know it in order to cut the 1.25" pipe to fit around the switch itself.

Thanks for your help!

A 5/8" dia. hole will work for what you need. I've done something similar before, and it really improves the look of the switch.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    A 5/8" dia. hole will work for what you need. I've done something similar before, and it really improves the look of the switch.
    Thanks so much!

I ordered my hilt and silly me, I forgot to request the standard switch hole, can anyone point me in the direction of a thread that would help me do this myself? Thank you

Figured so, just wanted to be sure, thank you very much