Thread: New Hilt Idea for CF when it arrives

Board Lurker

Default New Hilt Idea for CF when it arrives

So I think this will be the base hilt I will use for my Crystal Focus when it arrives. It is just short of 13 inches. I will most likely be adding some shrouding to it that has some acid etching on it.

SaberBuilder_render.jpg

It will have:

CF 7.5
    Recharge port and Rice port (apart of the chassis maybe)
    RB-G-R Tri Rebel
    28M premium speaker
    16mm av momentary switch
    21 mom. aux switch

possible crystal chamber. Depending if I am satisfied with what I find at the hardware store.

Any input good or bad is welcome.

I'd recommend going with a tri-Cree RGrB instead of the Luxeon Rebel. The Crees are brighter and the red can run at a full Amp instead of 700mA.

A couple things to think about: What battery solution do you intend to use? How/where do you plan to mount the switches and ports? If you want the best control over your LED star you'll want to use the CEx in addition to the CF.

Board Lurker

That's good to know about the Cree versus the Rebel. The ports are going to be internal on the chassis somewhere. The switch and aux switch are going to be on the three inch forward section before the blade holder. I really would like to use a CEx but for now it will be without due to them being out of stock. What do you recommend for battery. I really want a dual cell 18650 but I been told I wouldn't have enough space.

You have about 5.25" of space in the lower section of your hilt to work with; you could fit the dual cell 18500 pack in there without an issue.

Nice design but I don't like that pommel for some reason. To me it makes the design look... Off. Good luck getting the new CF though. Day one sold out already
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Board Lurker

Yea I think I was one of the first to order it I was on my phone chexking the page constantly

I like the design. Very sleek. If you want a shorter hilt I could recommend using the 2" double female instead of the 3". For switches you could try this out
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...ring-P897.aspx
    Its quite handy and fits well in just about any section. Of course be sure to do your holes correct
    I dig the pommel, you could leave that as well, again if you are using a 2" DF MHS, your hilt length is going to be shorter. Maybe check out this pommel
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MP...yle-4-P91.aspx It would round down the back end with out loosing the style/set up you have. Possibly.
    You could get a smaller battery pack http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/74...Pack-P759.aspx
    then you are sacrificing "run time" for space. Not too bad a trade if you want your RC port in the chassis.
    For a crystal chamber, well that's up to the individual. You can purchase them ready to install. Or do one your self, up to you Keep in mind that DM extension with 3 slots is a different diameter than the standard MHS body.
    Oh and one last very important tip.......
    have fun building your saber

I'm just throwing this out there: CREEs are still a better choice but the rebels aren't that bad. Although the recommended current is still 700mAh but the ones they've been making lately can be driven well past that. That being said, CREEs can technically be driven past 1A but this is just an FYI. I don't want anybody to pop their LEDs. Drive them at your own risk.

My point is really just that Rebels are completely satisfactory to me. Can't go wrong with CREEs, though.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.