Thread: Quick question about voltage and boards

Default Quick question about voltage and boards

I was just wondering if corbins board and a hasbro sound board would be able to take 7.2 volts from 6 rechargable AA batteries without frying. I know that the 4.8 volts from 4 of them would be too little, and 6 volts is ideal but as I've yet to see any 5 AA battery holders I was planning on just going for 6, but wasn't sure if that would be safe to do without frying anything. Or would it be safer to find some way to rig 5 AAs together?

Its easy to use 5 batteries in a 6 battery holder: Put a wire instead of one of the batteries. You could also measure if the 6 baterry pack gives you 7.2 volts. Bye
    Not only a partner, but a friend

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Who told you 4 is too little? Corbin's will take up to around 12V... the Hasbro is what you need to worry about. Even 6V is pushing a Hasbro. Some of the ones that like 3V will crap out instantly with 6V pushed through them.

7.2V on a Hasbro = fried sound board. Go with 4.8V and if you know the Hasbro can take 6V that will work too.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Just bypass the fuse and use it until all the Magic Smoke is gone.

And when all the Magic Smoke is gone you fill it back up with about 300psi from the BFH9000

Well it works with my Obi-Wan Hasbro (w/ The Force) @ 6v. Apparently that's one of the more durable ones.

I haven’t seen one since the new release of the spring loaded Habro's.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Thanks for clearing that up, I read somewhere on the forums that 4.8 volts wouldn't be enough to power a 3w led to full, but if you say it's enough that's good enough for me.

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird21
    Just bypass the fuse and use it until all the Magic Smoke is gone.

And when all the Magic Smoke is gone you fill it back up with about 300psi from the BFH9000

Well it works with my Obi-Wan Hasbro (w/ The Force) @ 6v. Apparently that's one of the more durable ones.

I haven’t seen one since the new release of the spring loaded Habro's.
    How'd you manage to open the obiwan hilt? Does it sound all right with out the stupid vibration?

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

The Obi-Wan was a PITA!!! You will break it.

You have to cut at least one side just under the emitter. The emitter is a separate piece that is glued on over the 2 hilt sections. They are glued into the emitter a good 1/2" or so.

I could not pry them apart with out catastrophic damage so I took a razor to it and carefully cut one side off. Don't cut too deep because the motion sensor is right there.

Then it should be easy from there, everything else is screwed together.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Ryma Mara

You wouldent happento know the id of the "clamp" would ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryma Mara
    You wouldent happento know the id of the "clamp" would ya?
    The saber body is all one molded piece of plastic. There is no "clamp" per say. Not one that you could really fit over a tube or MHS anyway.

Catastrophic damage. Yeah... I didn't even bother to try to finesse it, I just ripped the bugger in half.