Thread: CF wiring check/ mock up assistance

Default CF wiring check/ mock up assistance

Hey there dudes/dudettes,

I inserted a pic of my wiring diagram i plan to use as long as it checks out.

Cree G/RB/A
    7.4 volt pack with jst quick disconnect
    2 green accent led
    rumble motor
    Rice port (not shown in diaram)

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/...psbdznxigp.png

I also need some help on my moc up-wired a white LED to test.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/...pslmid6acj.jpg

I wired it up to do some voltage checks for resistor math but I got no response. Not even a boot. I'll admit at first i forgot the SD card, haha. Then I switched the leads on the speaker thinking I
    got the +/- backwards, but nothing. No response from LED as well.
    I had charged the battery pack the day before so I don't believe that was the issue. But I switched to a set of 14500's in a battery holder directly wired for testing sake.

Any help/ suggestions are appreciated. 10th saber but 1st non-jo jedi saber.

Thanks,
    Salohcin0083
    Nick D

Well, the diagrams looks OK. I'm not crazy about the parallel accent LEDs, but that's not too important.

Regarding your wiring, your power leads are way too long. Did you make sure you have the right switch setting in the override file??
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Hey Knight,

The parallel accents was just because I haven't read if i can use accent pads to mimic main led, but that is the over all goal.

I have not done anything in the SD card file's yet. I must have missed that in the manual-would that interfere with hearing a boot sound?

I totally agree about the leads- I just had this holder lying around to test with batteries that I knew worked from a previous build. I received fluctuating voltages when I metered my new pack so I switched to the holder.

Thanks For the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Salohcin0083 View Post
    Hey Knight,

The parallel accents was just because I haven't read if i can use accent pads to mimic main led, but that is the over all goal.

I have not done anything in the SD card file's yet. I must have missed that in the manual-would that interfere with hearing a boot sound?

I totally agree about the leads- I just had this holder lying around to test with batteries that I knew worked from a previous build. I received fluctuating voltages when I metered my new pack so I switched to the holder.

Thanks For the advice
    It shouldn't. I would disconnect the battery, insert SD card, and reconnect battery and try again.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Forgetful Jedi Knight
    I would disconnect the battery, insert SD card, and reconnect battery and try again.
    I did what you said. Also shortened the leads to be safe. The switch parameter was already set on 2 which if i read correctly is set for momentary,

Fired up on the first try. WOOHOO!!! I was running around the house in my lad coat like an idiot. I think I have to change a LED parameter/config because my main was behaving as a FOC.

Thank you very much FJK!!