Thread: New Builder

Default New Builder

Okay so I just recently looked into building my own light-saber since I am a huge fan. I was just going to buy one but I want the experience of building my own.

I am pretty crafty and I feel that I can build the hilt and blade pretty easily however, when it comes to electronics I have little to no experience.
    I saw this posting http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...istor-variant).
    I see that it is from 2006. Does this still work? Or is there a new process?

I don't want to worry about sound for now as this is just the first build I will be doing. If there are any other tutorials for basic electronic set ups I would greatly appreciate your assistance in finding them so that I may start one of my own.

Welcome to the Forums.

The process is essentially the same, just some of the parts might have been "upgraded" through the years.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard!

Thank you for the welcomes!

And okay cool. I've done some research and like the idea of the strip sabers. Is the wiring essentially the same for those?

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

For LED strips? I wouldn't say essentially the same. I mean most components are the same, but differ a lot when it comes to the LED strip vs Single LED

I would read through the Crystal Focus LS Manual to get a good idea of things personally.

Thank you. I looked through there and there is some good information in there. I think for my first one I am going to stick with a single LED and just get a feel for the basics and then go from there.