Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: have a few sabers to complete by premeire time...

Default have a few sabers to complete by premeire time...

so I have 3 sabers I need done by premiere time. so I'm doing a little build log. Nothing too fancy here but nice none the less.

2 are having Nanos

board tinned

Pex tinned

board soldered

Pex soldered

board in chassis

I did another one only difference is that saber has a power on indicator

the two lower sections for the Nano sabers. Haven't started the Prizm saber yet, will start that one next week.

Also a quick question guys. on the rubber grips you see on one of the hilts how well does that tape hold? I'm a feel a little suspect of its longevity.

I'm just gonna say this: those are some beautiful solder joints. For all the newbies, this is what a properly soldered NB should look like.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

SS just said it. Quality work Snilam, but there's only five weeks to go so stop wasting time on the forum lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I'm just gonna say this: those are some beautiful solder joints. For all the newbies, this is what a properly soldered NB should look like.
    awww shucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    SS just said it. Quality work Snilam, but there's only five weeks to go so stop wasting time on the forum lol
    I know 5 weeks! luckily I only have one part left to get from the store. or I might try to make it from scratch who knows. the last part isn't critical. it can be left off in the mean time. I'm hoping I can get all the modding and machining done next week and the next. PCing the week after and then the week before final assembly and a week leftover just incase.

small update. did majority of the machining. just a few parts left/ switch holes/tap and thread some holes. a little bit of pc'ing not much, then installs

ok here's update on one of the sabers. it should look familiar. this one will have just a single speaker and NBv2 along with minor changes to greeblies/layout.

this one is a pseudo graflex. we'll call it fauxflex

I have a third but I'm rethinking some parts so that one may or may not get done intime depends if a part get back in stock.

Jeepers, that's some nice shroud work! You got the curve pretty darn nice. Did you dremel that all by hand? Looks totally recognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeSoft View Post
    Jeepers, that's some nice shroud work! You got the curve pretty darn nice. Did you dremel that all by hand? Looks totally recognizable.
    I used a 3/4 end mill for the curves at the base, then a 3" pneumatic cut-off wheel for the straight part and any other large chunks, then a dremel to cut off the smaller sections then 400 grit to finish it off. and polished the entire thing. First time I cut a shroud like that instead of just a dremel, it went way faster. about 20 minutes.

Nice. I like that Graflex now that its sort of finished. Has a cool look to it =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

You asked how the t-track tape holds? I have a hilt with t-tracks attached where the tape has held for 9 years so its pretty good stuff and should hold well as long as you made sure the surface you attached it too was super-clean