Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: please tell me this will work.

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    You should get a holder for your speaker. Also, I've not had as good results with the bass speaker as with the premium speaker.

In my experience, it's vice versa. My premium speaker died after some light sparring, I replaced it with a bass speaker and it's LOUD and so far, still working

I finished two NB sabers within a week of each other, and the bass speaker sounds a little distorted and not very loud. The premium speaker sounds crisp and is lots louder. Not sure why we're getting different results.

Ill stick with the bass for now if it goes out ill get another.

final check http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Vi...2-f1537bed97b9

i already have a resistor for the switch so will this set up work? soon as i have a yes i will start ordering.

I see no kill key and no heat shrink.

(I would suggest a blade plug but that's completely optional.)
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

i have plenty of heat shrink but your right i totaly forgot the kill key

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    I finished two NB sabers within a week of each other, and the bass speaker sounds a little distorted and not very loud. The premium speaker sounds crisp and is lots louder. Not sure why we're getting different results.
    Maybe it's all down to the resonance within the hilt which I'd guess sounds different from one saber to the next

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Maybe it's all down to the resonance within the hilt which I'd guess sounds different from one saber to the next
    Possibly, the one with the bass speaker has a curved hilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    I see no kill key and no heat shrink.

(I would suggest a blade plug but that's completely optional.)
    would a NB2 actually require a kill key? it's got the deep sleep mode... i've used the NB2 for a while now without a kill key at events, and just tapping the power button to bring it out of deep sleep before powering it up has worked great for me

You can certainly use the NB without a kill key. The deep sleep mode was designed specifically to eliminate the need for one.

It's nice to have on the occasion that you need to pull the SD card but can't/don't want to disconnect the battery. But it's certainly not mandatory.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!