Thread: Disney Store Kylo Ren Conversion?

Default Disney Store Kylo Ren Conversion?

Hi everyone. I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone has attempted to convert the Disney Store Kylo Ren lightsaber? If so, I am greatly interested in this. Thanks, any info is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ObiTom23 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone has attempted to convert the Disney Store Kylo Ren lightsaber? If so, I am greatly interested in this. Thanks, any info is appreciated.
    Are you talking about those plastic ultimate fx lightsabers or the metal replica lightsaber?
    Last edited by emperor Vader; 11-18-2015 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by emperor Vader View Post
    Are you talking about those plastic ultimate fx lightsabers or the metal replica lightsaber?
    I was wondering this to. Is if anyone had figured a way to convert one of the Disney Store FX lightsabers. yes I'm talking about the plastic one. I was thinking about getting one and doing it if it is possible.

I'm also interested in knowing if anyone has ever converted one of those Disney Store exclusive Kylo Ren lightsaber. The $30 ones. The hilt itself is nicely detailed.

Im thinking im going to try it, I know its an LED string, im hoping I can attach 6-8" more of LEDs, and then upgrade the main blade with a nice plug, and then I think the crossguard is 3/4 blades.

Would probably be a way cheaper way to make one than the black series.

Hey there. I looked into it and I'm not sure if I would recommend it. It has a bizarre clash sensor, and I don't know enough about it to know whether or not it can be replaced. also, it only can make 1 clash sound.

I believe that is the lock up sensor. You can actually disconnect it and the saber would still light up/have swing sounds. So i think conversion is still a possibility.

Myself and a few others have done it. Check the thread on the RPF and you'll see more details.

Using custom blades is easy, just need 1" OD for the main blade and 7/8" OD for the side emitters (it sits flush on the stock mounts actually).

You can run 3x Luxeon Rebel Reds off the main board and the standard 3xAA batteries without any problems. Only downside is that the main blade is not as bright as some might like.