Thread: Majestic Mongrell

Default Majestic Mongrell

Hello all,
    I've been on this forum for a few years, but haven't said too much. That's just how I am when looking through all the cool pasts that go by. I did enter in the last contest, but it didn't cut the mustard. That's okay, there was some real cool stuff that made it, my feelings aren't hurt. This was my entry and wanted to share. I am pretty proud of it.

This saber is comprised of mostly parts from The Custom Saber Shop. There are 4 things I used that are not from TCSS
    1) The control Box. I bought this from a member from the FX-Saber forum. This member had taken it from a Saber Forge saber. The price was right and TCSS didn't have the control box I was looking for at the time. I did use a Dremel to widen one of the holes for the set screws to compensate for the Switch Craft 2.1 jack for the recharge port. It may not have been Ideal, But the price was right and available.
    2) The claws are from Saber forge as well. I bought them direct when they were on sale. Unfortunately TCSS does not carry any and the price on the ones I chose were in my price range. At this time my funds are quite limited.
    3) 12mm anti vandal red ring switch. A friend of mine gave me a few .
    4) There are some pieces from an electric cigarette used as greeblies and added to the kill key.

I'm using a Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2 with the Dark meat font powered by a TrustFire Protected 3.7V 2400mAh 18650 Lithium Battery. Also, there is a Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star RRW for the light source.
    I did not utilize the Powder coating services TCSS has to offer, but did them myself. I'm not great at it but i like doing it either way. I figure the more I can do on my own would make the saber more of my own. I used Flat Black, black chrome 2, silver vein, and a clear with a texturizer in it. I also did my own etching using the edinburgh etching technique. Hope you all dig it.

Body001.jpg
    Body002.jpg
    CloseUp001.jpg
    CloseUp002.jpg
    CloseUp003.jpg

Good job on this one. It looks real intimidating, definitely sith
    Personally, I feel that maybe it was the photography that 'didn't cut the mustard'. The pics you submitted didn't show the detail of your work, in comparison with the other entries.
    I would like to see it in a better light if you wanna post more pics

Blog Entries

Agree this one was tough to make out. Better light a simpler background would have helped.

That said, this is a very cool saber. The claws are very insect-like. Reminds of the legs from an imperial probe droid

Yeah, Bad lighting. In retrospect I should have figured out a better background and lit it a little better. I was trying to get the pics done before my sweetie woke up. Always next time.

Thanks for the compliments. This is actually my third saber. I'll post the other ones soon. Each of them have a different feel.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

I did like the etching on this, I am with the others though that I wish I could see it better haha

Good job though!