Thread: Ultimate FX Kylo Ren Conversion?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ultimate FX Kylo Ren Conversion?

first off, hello. ^.^

I've done a fair amount of reading and research on saber conversions. Unfortunately it seems all the ones I've been able to find revolve around the Force FX line- understandably so, the metal hilts are nicer and likely sturdier. However for a first attempt I couldn't quite justify the entry fee being quite so steep.
    To that end I opted to try my hand at modding/converting an Ultimate FX saber, specifically the Kylo Ren TRU exclusive. Now I've seen people post before that they have converted UFX sabers with new blades- primarily using them as Stunt Blades/Practice Blades. However, finding information on How has been a bit trying.

At present I am about 3/4ths of the way through cracking the hilt open. This in itself has been an ordeal as Hasbro has used an excessive amount of glue on the @#$% thing.

So my question really boils down to this:

Would converting it essentially follow the same rules as converting a Force FX saber or am I dealing with a whole nother animal with the UFX line?

Any help/tips would be appreciated.

1st UPDATE:
    I got the thing open! For anyone interested, here's what the innards looks like.
    ----
    closeup on the board
    20151106_121157.jpg
    ---
    and a shot including the speaker placement
    20151106_121226.jpg
    ----
    and the power button
    20151106_122438.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE!
    I've thrown together a wiring diagram. Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn't have time to draw it to scale...

wiring.jpg
    ^- I forgot to draw in the Regulator Ground, it's set to go to the same spot as the battery.
    Last edited by quietstarr; 11-12-2015 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Diagram Added