Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with wiring, lots of questions

Fair enough haha, I guess I could wire it up and individually turn them on in RICE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jon76 View Post
    Thanks, that definitely helped me out. Here's a "final" diagram of the board for your critique. http://i.imgur.com/gJIyHpg.png

And more questions because this is starting to get really real and the cost is going up so I don't want to screw anything up. I also gave in and added a recharge port. I know that according to Forgetful Jedi Knight, I don't need any more resistors than the two for the accents and I've recalculated and they came out to 15 ohms.

For the color extender wire that goes to the positive, should I make it so both wires are independently soldered to the board or should I solder both wires together and then connect one end to the board?

Any general advice or critiques you have of the circuit are more than welcome. Thank you again for your help!

Glad too help. I'll be honest, your diagram is pretty tough for me to read and being fairly new I don't want to say its ok. And...take what I say below with a grain of salt.

If the Vf of your accents is 3.3v then I don't think you need a resistor because the accent pads deliver 3.3v. You may choose to do a minimal one but thats up to you.

RE the wires: You can just twist the wires together at the exposed ends and solder them to the pad.

And one last thought. You have quite a few connectors, two ports, and two larger sized switches. Its easy to overestimate how much space you think is available in a hilt, but it does run out very quick.
    Last edited by darth_chasm; 11-05-2015 at 10:14 PM.

I have been thinking of getting rid of some of the connectors but I'm going to wait once I have everything to see where I can sacrifice them.

Thanks for your help again!