Thread: A Quick Question for a Sink Tube Army

Force Aware

Default A Quick Question for a Sink Tube Army

Nobody in my circle knows this, but I'm planning on making lightsabers for each member of my little group. I would love to give them all sound and recharge ports, but since Easy Tech isn't the most high-paying position in the world, I'll have to settle with some simple stunt builds to keep my overall costs down (I'm making 8 of them and they will all need blades). It may have to be later than Christmas, but I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

My question right now is this: Does anyone have a technique or idea I could use to secure the aaa battery holders in their respective sink tubes? I've done some thinks with my last couple of sinks, i.e. shoving old shirt material in them to prevent rattling and movement, etc., but I figured there must be a more elegant approach. I really just don't want the batteries to be rattling or knocked loose from the holder while dueling. :P>

Blog Entries

Maybe email Tim to see if he can laser cut some custom chassis discs. Or diy with some sheet acrylic and a hole saw and dremel.

What about using some foam sheets to wrap it?

I've used velcro strips, the kind you wrap around computer cabling. A loop or two around will keep it from rattling around in the hilt, easy to undo to change batteries, and as a bonus it will keep the batteries from popping out of the holder during dueling.

Force Aware

I dig the velcro strip idea! Thank you all for your suggestions. >

Depending on the size of sink tube you're using, you might be able to fit larger batteries. A stacked 4-AA holder will fit right into a 1.5" tube, and a linear 4-AA holder will fit right inside a 1.25" tube.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.