Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Noyl's crystal chamber hilt

Default Noyl's crystal chamber hilt

So I've been at this awhile, building hilts. Recently however I've decided to challenge my self and do some better work. Not just better but somethings I've not done before. I found lately that perhaps a crystal chamber would be an adequate challenge. Rather than buying one (too easy), I decided to build one myself. Now I don't have a lot of really good tools (lathe, mill, that sort). But I do have a pretty crafty brain. Knowing this I did a bit (I really mean tons) of research. Seeing what other people built, to get some ideas. I didn't want to go really complex for my first chamber. So I decided to stick with "simple gets it done".
    I started with some TCSS discs, and a trip to the hard ware store. Here's where I started

Eventually I ended up here

A little closer look

A test piece to fit it in. Just to see what it may look like through a cutout in a hilt

I forgot what the lights do.......

This one is ready to be wired up and put in a hilt. I've left a little of the threaded rod so it can be attached to another disc when the rest of the parts come up. The crystal in the center is quartz and looks pretty good with light moving through it. So I'm hoping a brilliant blue will make it look really good in the chamber. This is my second crystal chamber ever, so I'm pretty okay with this one
    Last edited by Noyl Wendor; 11-03-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Nice work! I really like the hollow brass rods. You got those at a hardware store?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Nice work! I really like the hollow brass rods. You got those at a hardware store?
    Yes. They are 3/16HB barbed connectors, place them in two opposite ends of hose. Of course the hard ware store now knows they have another application, so I'll probably never find them again

Quote Originally Posted by Noyl Wendor View Post
    Yes. They are 3/16HB barbed connectors, place them in two opposite ends of hose. Of course the hard ware store now knows they have another application, so I'll probably never find them again
    Well, it's not like you really needed them for anything, right? LOL
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

That is a really nice chamber! Way to much yourself, bud. I always really like your work, you have an eye for creating for that in universe look.

That does look great. Really like the brass under the black.

That looks really good. Great job fitting it all together!

I love this chamber! The fittings you used as the spacers are just great looking.

That is a great looking crystal chamber.

Blog Entries

Awesome