Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Noyl's crystal chamber hilt

Awesome work! I'm in the process of building a crystal chamber myself, and I'm doing what you did by finding random things at the hardware store. My question is wiring, how did you get all this together? I get ohms law and have no probem figuring out the calculations, but where I struggle is figuring out what boards to use and the connections. Are the LEDs, just accent LEDs? Do you use a Buckpuck? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Any board in the store can work. Even the NB supports 1 accent LED which is all you really need for a CC. If you wanted to use more, you can run them parallel to the blade or use a board that supports more accents. People typically use high brightness 5mm or 3mm LEDs. Easy to find on google. And you use resistors (as necessary) the buckpucks sold in the store push far too much current for accent LEDs.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Blog Entries

I like it! Quick question. How do you keep the nuts from coming loose on the 4-40 thread holding it together? Any tricks? Or do you just use multiple nuts?

Blue Loctite threadlocker is a valid solution. It's not permanent, so you can still dismantle it for repairs.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I may be running this set up with a Nano myself. The accent led is no issue with that board, or the battery really. However I've really not done much to the chamber since my last update. I've changed what its going in. When more parts are in stock that I need for this build, I'll do an update.
    But yeah a nano is a good option for this one

Thanks for the help, the only problem I have now is finding a board. It seems everyone is out and I've even checked the boards creators website. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer to finish the project until I can get a proper board.

Quote Originally Posted by firedog179 View Post
    Thanks for the help, the only problem I have now is finding a board. It seems everyone is out and I've even checked the boards creators website. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer to finish the project until I can get a proper board.
    The struggle is real.