Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Better look (or Luke?)

Default Better look (or Luke?)

Hi guys: DO you like the wide neck in the MR Luke ROTJ lightsaber? Well neither do I. So I started a project in a CAD software to get the piecees that I need to build to have this look:

I din't finish it but this is what I have right now:

I've used some free templates and drawings that I've found on the web. Today I will finish the control box of the first one (Luke ROTJ) and the next week I will have all the drawings of all the pieces with dimentions, tolerances, and ready to machine them. The second one (graflex) will be finished later. Both are "Luxeon-led-ready"...So what do you think?

Not only a partner, but a friend

very nice, i wanna learn how to use cad

Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Do you want to spend a long time learning it?[] He's using Inventor vs straight AutoCAD too.

I understand the goal of making the "nipple" sort of thing at the top, but I don't think it makes it any better. Also what is the point of machining a graflex? It'd be cheaper to buy one... unless you want the ROTS look, but that's not a graflex.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

nice designs luis [^]
    one thing though, i don't think there are supposed to be holes in the emmiter ring like you have, that was only on the obi wan saber []

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

Private Pyle, why do you always point out fault in other peoples work[?]

I think it looks cool and the whole idea on design is to do it the way you like it.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Private Pyle, why do you always point out fault in other peoples work<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Do Clo, it is better now than if i was to do it when the saber was done. at least now he can easily fix it

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

Awsome designs Luis.

I like the Graflex look as well but want something one piece and smaller. Look forward to seeing how it goes.

<center></center>

Private if he likes the way it looks then why say anything at all[V]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Maul, I grow tired of your constant need to argue with everyone.

Luis is doing the same thing we all do and that is make CUSTOM lightsabers. If you feel so compeled to nit pick a mans work then would you please do one of the following:

1- Show your collection of lightsabers that you have built from scratch that are 100% movie perfect with License from Lucas.

2- Stick with your board that deals with the Master Replicas pieces.

You have proven that you like to cause stress and frustration on this forum and quite frankly if your not interested in growing up and acting like a person who would like to be respected in your opinions then there is really nothing more I care to read from you. I am done with you unless you are willing to show some decent manners.

edit- Serious guys I am done with this.

<center></center>

wow i agree with james, ^^^^^^well said

Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord