Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First build, pvc saber

Hello,
    Very new to this but super excited to get started. I just want to make sure before ruining anything. I have a Rebel Star LED & MHSV1 heatsink module in red/orange so I will need a buckpuck 700mA, correct? Also have a Rebel Star LED & MHSV1 heatsink module in royal blue so I will need a buckpuck 1000mA, correct?
    What is confusing me is what size battery pack to use - 2 or 4 pack AAA?

The buckpucks are correct, 700ma for the red, and 1000ma for the blue.

The buckpucks require >5v to run, so you will need to have at least 4 AAA batteries wired in series if you want them to work. Although, using AAA batteries won't give you a very long runtime.

You may want to look into using a 2xAA pack, and 14500 li-ion batteries, which are 3.7v each. Run in series, they'll give you 7.4v and a reasonable runtime. Plus they'll take up less space and are rechargeable.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BZWingZero View Post
    The buckpucks are correct, 700ma for the red, and 1000ma for the blue.

The buckpucks require >5v to run, so you will need to have at least 4 AAA batteries wired in series if you want them to work. Although, using AAA batteries won't give you a very long runtime.

You may want to look into using a 2xAA pack, and 14500 li-ion batteries, which are 3.7v each. Run in series, they'll give you 7.4v and a reasonable runtime. Plus they'll take up less space and are rechargeable.
    When you say 2xAA - is that 2 AA packs or just one AA pack?

1 pack that holds 2 AA batteries. Here.