Thread: Tri-cree setup

Default Tri-cree setup

I bought a custom tri-cree led with a GGG setup for my blade. Will that look bad? Should I have gone the GGW route?

Only if you want flash on clash or colour mixing, although three green dies doesn't necessarily mean three times brighter than one green die.

Oh, welcome to the forums

Thank you for the welcome! I'm not interested in either of those. Just want my blade to look good.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickMacklin View Post
    Thank you for the welcome! I'm not interested in either of those. Just want my blade to look good.
    It should be fine, depending on how you are powering them.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

It's a conversion for a Master Replicas hilt. Six AAs.

Crees are bright but the type of blade plays an important part

It's a conversion for a Master Replicas hilt. Six AAs.
    As I recall, the old MR boards can't handle more than 6V and don't put out more than 1A. But I might be remembering that wrong. Anyway, good luck!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Anyway I can check that? Could I have screwed up my saber?

I am new. A friend of mine is doing the conversion.

Anyway I can check that? Could I have screwed up my saber?
    I am new. A friend of mine is doing the conversion.
    You would have to look around the forums, I'm sure MR conversions have been discussed many times through the years.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

If the board can't power the blade the way you like, other people have bypassed that by running the blade parallel with the board rather than through the board. You might be able to go that route.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.