Thread: in search of a proper blade.

ACon_Artist

Default in search of a proper blade.

So Im working on my first saber. Currently i have made a few parts that i am really excited to use on my saber, but now im having a few issues.

My build is becoming more of a "light-rapier" and as such im looking for a thinner blade that is still durable enough to be "battle ready". the other issue im having is trying to come up with a way to light the hand guard with my blade led. Would something like that be possible?

Sadly I left the parts that I have made (the start of my hand guard and some other hilt peices) at work and i dont have any pictures of them at the moment.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks!

You can source polycarbonate tube in thinner diameters from any number of plastic suppliers. As long as your walls are 1/16 - 1/8" you can probably still use it for combat, but thinner tubes will have less give than wider ones, so they may still be easier to break than 1" tubes. You would probably have to fabricate your own tip for the blade.

Can't really offer any tips for lighting your hand guard without having a clue what it looks like. Photos or concept art will help us help you. I would definitely try to add pics when you get a chance.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.