Thread: Ultimate Fx Led strip

Question Ultimate Fx Led strip

Hello everyoneim from Greece, im new here and my english is not very well.
    I want to buy darth vader ultimate fx and i want to know something
    I have seen videos how to Disassembly the lightsaber.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo0SykQiTJI

i see the leds dont have foam i knew that the foam spreads better the light is it true??

next one is ,that this works with 3 batteries. i have seen this leds for better RED LIGHT on ebay that works with 4.5 volt 3xAAA batteries

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5V-Battery...WhcKIOkfEOTRzA

s-l1600.jpg

Or this one for better liGHT.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1M-2M-3M-5M-...ZXwRBERUqClrhg
    Also works with 3xAAA batteries
    fghgfh.jpg

BUT I WANT TO WORKS WITH MANUFACTURE LIGHTSABER BATTERIES!!

Can i put this led strip on lightsaber with his manufacture leds and with foam for better spread light...lightsaber is 95cm height... 1 meter strip in its side left and right side from leds if you see the video above you will understand how i want to do it.
    Please help me!!!

you have to think of that strip as on single led. I believe what you want to do is certainly possible, but, if i understand the problem correctly, you wouldn't get the power up/power down effect that you get with the force fx sabers. If you have your heart set on using that LED string in the blade, the you should be fine. you just have to find a good way to fasten that LED string into the hilt when you put the bade in. For suggestions on this, I would recommend watching tutorials of "Hampton's Hand-Crafted Lightsabers" on youtube. He works exclusively with string blade and would know 100 times moe about it than me. If you do want the power up/power down effect, you will have to separate the string on your own and wire the negatives to the corresponding negatives on the fx board. in terms of actually using the foam, you can reuse that foam or use your own foam to make it work. It's just a matter of what you have. If the foam that they use fits around your string, then you can use it. This is also addressed on "Hampton's Hand-Crafted Lightsabers" page. Lemme know if this helped! personally, i recommend a single LED over all.

Hmm. That's an interesting find. I was wondering, if you used 2 purple strips would it give you a nice purple glow than the regular fx sabers like Windu's not so purple glow? :P This would make a fun project though for sure. But where can you usually get the blade foam they usually use at? Can it be bought locally? The foam I mean
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

i dont know where to buy this foam tube....i search all the stores and foam plastic factories here in greece and nothing at all...also i check and ebay also nothing..where i can find this foam!!