Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cheapy Kylo Ren Econo Board wiring check

Quote Originally Posted by Jes'Kar Vos View Post
    Thank you for the answer^^ I guess that will help a lot for my sabre. As soon as it is finished I'll post some pics and progress here on the board^^ and if you don't mind I would copy your wire lay-out for my build, because it seems just perfect for what I want to try^^
    Absolutely! Can't wait to see what you make! I'm getting in the last of my parts today so I'll post soon also.

Well thank you then^^ I'd really like to see yours too mine can be expected around mid december I guess^^
    May the Force be with you

So I JUST lucked out and found this exact Kylo saber at a Bargain Hunt for 8 bucks (along with a bunch of the Target helmets >.> Hello future Revan mod!). Planning on putting all this wonderful info to even further good use. Thanks again for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by quietstarr View Post
    So I JUST lucked out and found this exact Kylo saber at a Bargain Hunt for 8 bucks (along with a bunch of the Target helmets >.> Hello future Revan mod!). Planning on putting all this wonderful info to even further good use. Thanks again for sharing!
    You lucky dog! I'm trying to figure out how to keep the LED on when the flash on clash happens because it flickers off completely and it's annoying. Maybe I can run a wire from the speaker contact to the LED? Anyone have any advice?

to eliminate the flash on clash you just splice a wire connected to the speaker negative to the gate control instead of using the boards led controller, you end up with a nice unstable kind of flicker driven by the speaker, at least thats how it worked on the older boards it should work the same here might, if you leave the cross guard leds where you have them it might also make them flash off on a clash and the blade stay on but ficker harder, which going on the fact that the cross guards are vents for the unstable power of the blade, as it strikes another saber it would be exerting more energy to the contact point and the vents may actually stop venting energy for a moment on a hit, *takes off theory craft hat*

Credit goes to skottsaber. This eliminates the Flash on clash and provides a nice flicker effect.

I'm currently looking into wiring this into an US Renegade without an illuminated switch, but also with the blade flickering as shown by Nayanak. I have zero knowledge on electronics aside from "that looks cool." Would anyone like to help?

Quote Originally Posted by Nayanak View Post
    This diagram doesn't make sense to me. There's an LED wire coming off of the board, but it doesn't connect to anything. It's that on purpose? That means the LED power is coming directly from the battery?

Quote Originally Posted by YdurSolrac View Post
    Absolutely! Can't wait to see what you make! I'm getting in the last of my parts today so I'll post soon also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes'Kar Vos View Post
    Well thank you then^^ I'd really like to see yours too mine can be expected around mid december I guess^^
    May the Force be with you
    Hey guys; did you finish up your builds? I would be super-interested to see what your finished product looked like as well as the ID of your hilt, as I have heard that this board is fairly wide.

I am looking to potentially do my first build with this in a crossguard saber.

Where exactly did you solder the switch on the board because the original switch on the saber was a push button? A picture would be greatly appreciated!