Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Giheizan by Batosai

Amazing work, ingenius use of tools. Having a lathe or a mill may have made your work easier, but it wouldn't have made it any better. Kudos!

Awesome saber.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Thought the same as snilam. I knew this was the winner. This is a work of art. I can well imagine it being the saber of a Jedi archievist. I love the ingenious use of wood veneer. Thought it was a solid peice of wood. Who needs fancy tools?!

Impressive, most impressive. An amazing work of art. The etching is incredible, in fact everything about it is, and as everyone says even more impressive knowing how you produced such a damn fine saber with the basic tools.
    A very deserving winner. Many congratulations to you sir

I voted for this saber. Not just for craftsmanship but the inventive design. My jaw made itself comfortable on the floor when I saw it. I would have been very disappointed if it hadn't won, it's quite worthy of praise.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Force Aware

One of my all-time favorites. The layering and etching were masterfully done, and I think the wood shrouding really set this saber apart!

*VERY* well done indeed!
    And a well deserved win, especially seeing all of the in-progress shots.
    Congrats!!!
    LOCKHEED

thank you all so much for your kind words.
    but that makes it even harder to build my next saber, because normally I want to exceed my last work and make something better or at least something equally good.

that is a thing of beauty.

The time and effort you put into this saber really shows. Congratulations!