Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where can i buy control/activation boxes?

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

I did see a couple of graflex clamps in his store.

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    If you aren't opposed to ebay "1ober1" with store "king of parts" has some nice clamp boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenric Starkindler
    try "King of parts" on Ebay.
    Does anyone read the thread anymore?
    RED LEADER Standing by!

If you aren't opposed to ebay "1ober1" with store "king of parts" has some nice clamp boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenric Starkindler
    try "King of parts" on Ebay.
    Does anyone read the thread anymore?

Very few use the search function either
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Xwing I think its time to take drastic action to save this forum from all the new members that simply do not follow our rules and really are bringing down the quality of the board. Since I've been here over a year the last 2 months have been unbearable.

First we need to start deleting threads and responces when it is clear that the person has not used the search function, is posting just to increase their post count, or did not even read the thread before replying.

This shouldn't be an issue as their post is not adding to the value of the forum. When a post is removed consider it a warning and actually post contructively.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks we need to do this to keep the integrity of the board.
    'I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you.'

Quote Originally Posted by Yoiaholic
    Since I've been here over a year the last 2 months have been unbearable.

It should subside now that the Christmas season is over.

Put a disclaimer in your sig that says to research before asking or you will be flamed. Like mine for the Tread Index.

Just a thought.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoiaholic
    Xwing I think its time to take drastic action to save this forum from all the new members that simply do not follow our rules and really are bringing down the quality of the board. Since I've been here over a year the last 2 months have been unbearable.

First we need to start deleting threads and responces when it is clear that the person has not used the search function, is posting just to increase their post count, or did not even read the thread before replying.

This shouldn't be an issue as their post is not adding to the value of the forum. When a post is removed consider it a warning and actually post contructively.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks we need to do this to keep the integrity of the board.
    then why have a message board at all? Why not just sticky and lock the subjects that "have been discussed before" and why not why we are at it don't let members post, then there will not be any stupid questions regardless of what a member asks. You are always goin to have someone that just doesn't want to read, but to take that type of drastic action? One problem is when someone does ask something that has been discussed before, instead of people posting a link to that said thread they just bitch about how they don't look or search, then you get another 2 or 4 pages of people flaming about it. If you would post the link and then lock the thread there would be no more worthless pages of babble. It also wouldn't hurt to go through the older threads and delete stuff that is not needed. That is just my 2 cents.

BLUE 3- Ready

Useless dribble and repeated Q.'s are a part of any forum. I learned to deal with it a long time ago even before this forum was around.

We all know what it's like to come in here for the first time and get all excited and want to jump in with both feet... And sometimes you just want some interaction by posting a question. Be friendly and remember what it was like…

It's not the end of the world or the forum if 10 people ask when and if Tim's going to make a conversion kit for the MR Luke...

Honestly, this very argument has been hashed out at least 5 times already and I think it's getting old. The best thing to do is be polite, answer the question or post the link. If that's too hard to do then it's best to not say anything at all. There's been times when I get sick of the same old same old and you don't see me posting in those topics.

When someone gets pissy it brings down the entire board. So at the very least I ask that you have fun. We're all here because we love Lightsabers. So lets build some sabers and have some fun while we do it! If that means a page or 2 of joking around, then so be it! If it wasn't fun none of us would do it!

I'm thinking it's time to blow the dust off the Derailment Unit and give this forum a Jump Start to get it back on the right track! Having fun and building Sabers!!!

Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Exactly, that is what this is all about, It really doesn't bother me if someone asked that same question days or min's ago. Let's just make the best sabers we can possibly make, Oh and thank you Tim for giveing us better tools to do this with.

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well said Firebird. I'm used to it... there's nothing to be done. I can keep up with making it easier, but we'll always have those not willing to read and just want the question answered for them right then.

I won't be locking any redundant topics... they'll die on they're own. I'm not going to delete repeat posts either. That will just start to make this place very unapproachable for new posters.

I just made the comment because I was and that I had already posted the exact same thing in the thread. I had to call him on the "Oooo... I can something here" impulse.

That being said... back to the topic. I think most of the bases have been covered though.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Just remember that blast-techs boxes doesn't fit on the MHS, as far as I know.
    The point of this is actually out to lunch.