Thread: Recharge port AND removable batteries..

Default Recharge port AND removable batteries..

So... I didn't think as much as i should have and ordered parts for removable 18650's and also got activation box 9 for the recharge port because I like the aesthetics of the box with the kill key. My question is, can I wire the recharge port to the battery holder and still charge the trustfire protected 18650's in hilt as well as in the external charger? The benefit I see is that I can charge in hilt if i don't kill the battery on dueling night and I can carry some spares just in case I do... this is my first lightsaber build and any input would be great.. Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to the forums.

18650's as in more than on in the hilt? No. It isn't normally recommended to try to recharge removable batteries within the hilt.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

no, just one 18650... not recommended.... but.. will it work??

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

18650's as in more than on in the hilt? No. It isn't normally recommended to try to recharge removable batteries within the hilt.
    I'm curious, if you don't mind FJK could you expand?

Quote Originally Posted by intothefiregw View Post
    no, just one 18650... not recommended.... but.. will it work??
    Theoretically, yes, but there could be some bad consequences down the road. Is it a protected cell at least?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

yes, its protected. What are the possible bad consequences?

@ForgetfulJediKnight Yes can you please go into more detail why using a recharge port with one removable 18650 is a bad idea ??

I have removeable batteries and recharge port in my Kylo Hilts. It works. They are protected circuit.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."