Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saber won't turn off

I will try the SD card idea for sure in the next day or 2

If possible could you get a picture of your board as it is wired now?

DarthButt,

It may sound dumb, but have you tried pressing the power button and holding until the saber starts to turn off. There is a default setting on most nanos that says to delay turning off the saber unless you hold it for about half a second. If you just tap the button it won't turn off. (It's also possible if you have a used NB or had someone else set the card settings up for you, that the delay is longer than the .5 seconds that is default.)

Worth a look.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    DarthButt,

It may sound dumb, but have you tried pressing the power button and holding until the saber starts to turn off. There is a default setting on most nanos that says to delay turning off the saber unless you hold it for about half a second. If you just tap the button it won't turn off. (It's also possible if you have a used NB or had someone else set the card settings up for you, that the delay is longer than the .5 seconds that is default.)

Worth a look.
    That's the A-POP thing I was talking about. It's liiiike accidental power off protection or something. I forget what it stands for.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    That's the A-POP thing I was talking about. It's liiiike accidental power off protection or something. I forget what it stands for.
    That actually is pretty close...I believe it was originally called "Anti-Power-Off Protection."

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    DarthButt,

Worth a look.
    I have tried holding it down for as long as 10 seconds and nothing happens. I just got a new SD card in the mail and it's no different. The nano biscotte is also brand new to this saber. Do you have to set that A-POP setting manually? Is that what I'm missing? Or does it come preset to .5 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Noyl Wendor View Post
    If possible could you get a picture of your board as it is wired now?
    Yep here it is.

IMG_4256.JPG

The default is 0.4 seconds, you shouldn't need to change it. The value for 0.4s is 200. Is that what your offd is set to?
    ERUDITION

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    The default is 0.4 seconds, you shouldn't need to change it. The value for 0.4s is 200. Is that what your offd is set to?
    yes offd is set at 200

Honestly, I can't think of anything else other than the switch function on the board being broken/defective. Maybe ask Zook / Erv about it?
    ERUDITION