Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saber won't turn off

Default Saber won't turn off

Hi guys, just a few questions.

I've just built a saber with a nano biscotte card and used this diagram
    bqOBY6B.jpg

It looks and sounds awesome but it won't turn off. I've tried 2 different switches thinking I just got a bad switch and same thing.

I just double checked my wiring and it is exactly how it is in that diagram, except no JST connectors. I'm out of ideas! maybe someone here can help.

Also, before I got my sound card I had the same issue using a momentary to latching converter. It would turn on but not off.

Just to clarify I do not have a momentary to latching converter wired up now that I have a sound card. I have wired the saber 2 completely different ways and both ways it would not turn off with the switch. There's gotta be a simple solution I'm just not seeing. I have read the nano biscotte manual a few times and tried searching the forum and can't find anything.

Can you upload a clearer image of your wiring? The image you have up is kind of hard to see.

A clearer image of the diagram would be great, plus pictures of your actual wiring as well; it's possible that you missed something without realizing it.

OK sorry about the little bit of janky wiring in the saber picture, I undid a couple things while trying to figure it out. The wires with the blue shrink wrap are postive from the LED, switch LED, and charge port. The wire with the green shrink wrap pulled away from the solder joint is switch and recharge port that goes to the negative spot on the sound card. I also drew a diagram of how I have it wired. Hopefully this time it's readable haha.

IMG_3536.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    Last edited by DarthButt; 10-30-2015 at 12:47 AM.

Is the whole board not turning off or is it just the LEDs that won't turn off?
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

The whole board. I push the button and it fires up and everything works as it should and then when I push the button to turn it off nothing happens.

Have you tried reformatting your SD card and replacing the default files or using a different SD card? The fact that you said you had the same problem with the mom/latch converter makes me think that probably won't solve anything but it couldn't hurt.

Maybe something is wrong with your A-POP settings. It might be requiring you to hold the button down for a long time or maybe an invalid value is preventing the function from working at all. That's kinda why I'm thinking restoring the files might help.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Are you sure you have a momentary switch and not a latching one? This is a strange issue.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Yes I'm positive. I've even replaced the switch thinking I just had a bad switch.