Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My first parts list

I have decided to just use a NB + PEx + Rebel Star (Cyan) for now. It's my first saber and I want to try and get it in time for the movie so I can always upgrade later and add a cool chassis with crystal chamber. I've also changed some of the parts and am now rendering with the help of Thalan the Exiled so should get a good idea of what it will look like.

I have done a mock up of what my saber will look like. Thanks to Thalan the Exiled and Drawcut for graciously donating me thier 3D files.

Lightsaber.jpgLightsaber1.jpgLightsaber2.jpgLightsaber3.jpgLightsaber4.jpg

I think I'm going to play around with a couple of sheath ideas, not least because it gives me some catch-up time with Autodesk Inventor. This was a good experience to get a full sense of scale which is missing a little bit from the MHS Builder.

Looks nice. Can't wait to see it done

If you're gonna use a Pex get a tri cree. rB\G\color of choice. The royal blue and green makes a nice cyan and you can utilize the FOC. I have a rB\G\G with a NBv2 for cyan with a light green foc.

Nice looking. Is that a wrap of some kind on the grip or some kind of paint? I don't think I've ever seen a covertec wheel on the same side as the switch.
    Would a lightsaber switchblade be redundant?

It's just a random brown colour on Inventor for the handle but it will be leather wrapped. To be honest, the covetec and AV switch were just added to flesh it out a little bit, the main purpose was to get a sense of scale.

It might be too soon but I've read a lot on here that parts sell out quickly so get them while you can, that's why I've got a CFv7.5 on the way. It came into stock sooner than my main body piece so the priority list is a bit off but hopefully the 5" female extension will come back into stock in the next couple of days before my order is shipped. I've played with a few shroud options on Inventor and I think I've settled on 1 of 2. I think I'm also going to mask anodize some aurebesh script on the piece and maybe some other parts of the saber. Does anyone know if the MHS parts are 'stock' aluminium or whether they are coated/anodize?

MHS parts are not coated or anodized.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

In my current build, as in the pictures attached, have I ordered the wrong speaker mount? I've ordered the v5 but I've just had a thought that the trim ring against the pommel is going to interfere with it and I should have got the V4 which doesn't have the slightly wider lip.

Although the lip does allow me some room to make holes for the pommel charging and RICE port wires...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    MHS parts are not coated or anodized.
    Thanks Silver Serpent!