Thread: Uh oh, I stepped in it this time

Default Uh oh, I stepped in it this time

My niece is a huge SW fan and I decided to try and make her a LS for her wedding present. Oh man, now I'm in trouble. In my 40+ years I've never even held a solder iron and it sure seems a hell of a long time since high school physics class (#ohmslawtroubles). Add Parkinson's and legally blind to the mix and I have my work cut out for me; but guess what? I love the stuff you guys are doing with machined parts but I'm also a huge fan of finding some random piece of junk and turning it into some cool. Hope I can finish something soon and post some pics. My first build is a Fulton flashlight conversion but I haven't painted it yet. My pops carried the Fulton in 'Nam so it has significant emotional value for me.

Blog Entries

I'm sure you'll do a fine job. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Good luck.

Thanks. I've had some hand holding with the calculations (done by FJK. Thank you man). I think I'm over the proverbial hurdle for the stunt sabers. Can't wait to try out a full build with foc etc... I have so many ideas sketched out already lol

Maybe look at the Modular Wiring System part of the store? The options are limited, but you can easily make a fully functional saber from the pieces in there. Good luck!

I found something very cool at a garage sale today. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it it I'm pretty excited. Any ideas would be appreciated!image.jpgimage.jpg

Welcome to the world of saber building. You'll find yourself walking around stores, junk shops, anywhere, and seeing saber pieces in EVERYTHING.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWalker View Post
    I found something very cool at a garage sale today. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it it I'm pretty excited. Any ideas would be appreciated!image.jpgimage.jpg
    Ok now you got me looking around for horns and antlers. I have had so many ideas run thru my head since seeing these pics. I both love and hate browsing the forum. The new ideas are great but man does it end up costing me money.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

ooh, nice find! Pretty much all of my sabers start out with something "cool" I find and that starts the juices flowing on how to incorporate it into a saber. I seriously have a box of stuff that's just sitting around waiting for me to design a saber around it! On the other hand I have saber drawings that I am waiting to find the right parts for to make them a reality. That antler would make a great addition to a saber, you just have to figure out how best to use it!

Good luck with your wedding present saber by the way! I recently made a saber that I am going to give to my fiance as a surprise when we get married, and I found the experience quite enjoyable

I drank too many Blue Moons and whipped out the Dremel to take a burr off the inside. Whew. I had forgotten antlers are hair. My garage has been funky for two days lmao