Thread: sink tube question

Default sink tube question

Does the 1.25 LED blade holder in the sink tube section slide down inside the sink tube?

No it will not. The 1.25" sink tube is 1.25" OD. There should be a specific option for 1.25" sink tube blade holder. if not there is a 1.18" that should work.

EDIT: Here it is, this one will fit quite nicely inside a 1.25" sick tube. I just saw that there is a BH for 1.5" sink tube as well. I'll probably have to get a couple of those

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/12...der--P269.aspx
    Last edited by DarthFender; 10-14-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Thanks! Ive actually changed my mind. I went to Lowes tonight and picked up a 1.5. The 1.25 seemed to small. Do you have a link for a blade holder that will fit inside the 1.5? Thanks again! This is my first saber and im building it for my little girl so wish me luck lol

Yes! Thank you that is perfect! Now its time to gather up all the little stuff!

Just a note that that blade holder will only fit 22 gauge sink tube. If you grabbed the thicker-walled 17 or 20 gauge, you'll need to grind down the blade holder to get it to fit.

Recently built one of these (stunt saber), 22guage sink tube. The upper section unscrews from the the base pipe. The 1-1/4 blade holder dropped right in with no mods. Then I screwed the two sections back to together. Drilled and tapped blade retention screw through the sink tube and blade holder. Also bought a 6in 22 guage 1-1/2 section; drilled and tapped a three holes to connect the bottom of the sink plunger unit to the 1-1/2 ID tube together. Made sure that the 1-1/2 inch section had a screw off end cap that i used as my pommel section. found a big washer that I used to mount a simple STSP latching switch (after a little modifications on the washer[round hole, square switch]) that dropped right into my pommel. The washer would accomidate a piece of 5/8 all-thread.

suncraft-sink-drain-with-extra-long-seat-specifications-630g.jpg

I dont mind some grinding/modifying if need be (gunsmith by trade).....i seen those tubes while i was at lowes and had a similar idea. I would love to see pics!