Thread: First chassis...

Default First chassis...

...Pre-assembly to check things out. 5 1/2" not including speaker mount. Should be an easy fit with room left for wiring and connections.

IMG_0275.jpg

...and I wanted to take a shot at a simple crystal chamber. Still needs some cleaning up and minor adjustments. MHS disks, bits of brass rod/tubing and micro ball ends from my r/c scrap box, and a crystal pirated out of a cheap Michael's pendant...

IMG_0277.jpg IMG_0280 (1).jpg

Blog Entries

Looking good.

Very nice. Someone has been doing their own recycling with good effect. What is that part that holds the smaller end of the crystal (right side in last pic). It looks familiar but I can't place it.

Very nice. Great job with the crystal chamber. Does that light up?
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Cleaned up and finished. I added another lathe-greeblie'd brass rod to fill space and add more detail.

untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    Very nice. Great job with the crystal chamber. Does that light up?
    Absolutlely. Nothing fancy, it will just light up when the kill key is pulled.

untitled2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Drawcut View Post
    Very nice. Someone has been doing their own recycling with good effect. What is that part that holds the smaller end of the crystal (right side in last pic). It looks familiar but I can't place it.
    Thank you.

The end pieces were made from brass rod on my crippled old mini-lathe. You thinking it looks familair has me thinking I made the top piece look very similar to the female side of a quick-connect coupler...

I'm digging the brass!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC13 View Post
    Thank you.

The end pieces were made from brass rod on my crippled old mini-lathe. You thinking it looks familair has me thinking I made the top piece look very similar to the female side of a quick-connect coupler...
    I figured out that I was thinking of a strap lock button for a guitar. DarthFender probably knows what I'm taking about. Like this one:

REMOVED LINK

Very similar to a quick connect coupling.

Edit: just realized that the link goes to a web store. Look up images for "Schaller Guitar Strap Lock" to see what I mean.
    Last edited by Drawcut; 10-15-2015 at 05:08 AM.
    Would a lightsaber switchblade be redundant?

Quote Originally Posted by Drawcut View Post
    Look up images for "Schaller Guitar Strap Lock" to see what I mean.
    Damn, what a coincidence. I copied a part I've never seen before! Weird...