Thread: Photon Blade use a CREE RGB, BBW, or quad?

Default Photon Blade use a CREE RGB, BBW, or quad?

Finishing up the designs for my next custom saber, I plan on using a PC3.5 or CF7.5 depending upon availability, and a VV photon blade. I'm looking for some help in terms of my led choice. Would a Cree BBW (w as foc) be that much brighter. Then a RGB Cree with G and B as the primary and Red as the Foc. The saber is going to be almost exclusively green, although I think it d be nice to have the color changing ability that the PC3.5 and CF7.5 offer. So basically my question is how much brighter would a BBW be then RGB?

Or would a quad BBRG be my best bet?

As I recall, the photon blades work best with a certain color (depending on the blade color you choose). Green blades work best with Blue LEDs, etc.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I've been reading about testing on some of the other boards, and apparently Blue and Cyan LEDs give the most vibrant green with the new Photon Blade. The general recommendation is a BBW with the two Bs always-on and W for clash.