Thread: PC 3.5 beeps and then shuts down

Default PC 3.5 beeps and then shuts down

I'm new to this but have gotten my PC 3.5 up and running with two auxillary momentary (12 mm green and a red ring) switches and tri-rebel star (RGB) running off of a 7.4v Li-ion 800mAh 14500 Battery Pack.

I used two 20mA DynaOhm? Variable Resistor for each of the momentary switches. Blue die has a 1.5 ohm 5watt; red has 2 ohm, 3watt; green has 2.2 ohm, 5 watt.

boots fine, but after varying amounts of time after either a FOC or swing, it beeps very loudly and then shuts down. I can start it right back up, and again after a short period of time (but varies) after a FOC or swing, it beeps and shuts down again.

any help is appreciated. -Rodney

It sounds to me like you are trying to pull too much power from that particular batter pack (which can't handle it) and therefore the PCB trips, and your saber shuts down.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Is there a more powerful battery pack you can recommend?

The only one that is a similar size in the 14650's. It all depends on how much room you have in your saber.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

As this is my first saber -- I have no problem building out what I need to learn how to build the next one better.

After sleeping on this problem I decided to try the other two sound banks -- and no problem... something is up with bank 1 -- both the other two worked beautifully..

Quote Originally Posted by Rpg007 View Post
    After sleeping on this problem I decided to try the other two sound banks -- and no problem... something is up with bank 1 -- both the other two worked beautifully..
    Go through your configurations.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines