Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Going to convert Ultrasaber to include Nano Biscotte--Is this a good parts list?

Also, do I need a resistor on the switch and a resistor on the main LED?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogo View Post
    Also, do I need a resistor on the switch and a resistor on the main LED?
    Yes you do.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Because it means the button is several inches into the hilt at a closed end.
    It's not too much of a problem, honestly.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Would I need to use extra-long pliers to screw it in?

Or put some notches into the nut so that you can turn it with a flat head screw driver.
    ERUDITION

Not entirely sure what you mean. So I can keep pushing it around the screw? That does make sense.

Also, the Ultrasaber uses a 1000MA Buckpuck for the LED. What resistor would I need to match that, since I understand you can't use a buckpuck with a soundboard.
    Last edited by Dogo; 10-14-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Hard to say without knowing what LED you're using.
    ERUDITION

I emailed Emory at Ultrasabers and this was his response:

"The Violet Amethyst LED is made with an RGB LED and we tune the diodes on the LED to create this color. I’m actually not sure what the forward voltage is but we power this is a 1000mA BuckPuck and it holds up just fine."

On a part of their site where you actually buy the LED modules, it says this:

Violet Amethyst, Sunrider's Destinty, and Arctic Blue are all made with multicolor RGB LEDs and combining two diodes to create the Blade Color.

Violet Amethyst is fancy talk for Purple, by the way.

I emailed Emory at Ultrasabers and this was his response:

"The Violet Amethyst LED is made with an RGB LED and we tune the diodes on the LED to create this color. I?m actually not sure what the forward voltage is but we power this is a 1000mA BuckPuck and it holds up just fine."

On a part of their site where you actually buy the LED modules, it says this:

Violet Amethyst, Sunrider's Destinty, and Arctic Blue are all made with multicolor RGB LEDs and combining two diodes to create the Blade Color.

Violet Amethyst is fancy talk for Purple, by the way.
    Yes. So what you would need to do is experiment with various resistors on the Red LED to dial in a purple you would like.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I bought an Ultrasabers Apprentice V4 and I plan on basically hollowing it out and replacing most of the electronics. I just wanted to ask if this was a good list of parts I'd need.

MHS speaker mount V6 - For 28mm Speakers
    18650 Single Cell Holder
    2W 28mm Bass Speaker

9" Electronics shield for 1.25" ID tubes
    Hey Dogo,
    Did those parts fit into your saber? I have a couple of ultrasabers that I want to add sound via a nano biscotte and use the v6 speaker mount.
    -Thanks
    Last edited by garrettwrhodes; 06-04-2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: error