Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Going to convert Ultrasaber to include Nano Biscotte--Is this a good parts list?

Default Going to convert Ultrasaber to include Nano Biscotte--Is this a good parts list?

I bought an Ultrasabers Apprentice V4 and I plan on basically hollowing it out and replacing most of the electronics. I just wanted to ask if this was a good list of parts I'd need.

Battery Pack/Speaker:
    TrustFire Protected 3.7V 2400mAh 18650 Lithium Battery (2-pack)
    MHS speaker mount V6 - For 28mm Speakers
    18650 Single Cell Holder
    2W 28mm Bass Speaker

Switch:
    12mm Anti Vandal Momentary White Ring Switch
    12mm AV switch bezel for MHSV1
    20mA DynaOhm? Variable Resistor

Charge Port:
    Switchcraft 2.1mm Power Jack
    3.7V Li-ion smart charger with 2.1mm plug
    Kill plug style 2

Sound:
    NB V2 MWS Header and Wiring Harness
    Nano Biscotte V2

MISC:
    Lots of wires, shrink tube, etc.
    9" Electronics shield for 1.25" ID tubes
    ---------------------------
    Also, I was wondering if you could hook up the Nano Biscotte so that you could just plug the saber itself to a computer instead of having to pull the SD Card itself out to change settings and such.. I know it's possible with sabers, but I don't know if that's a feature of the Nano Biscotte. I read through the Manual, and it wasn't totally clear on that. Was what the μSD symbol was on the NB diagram?
    Last edited by Dogo; 10-08-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogo View Post
    Also, I was wondering if you could hook up the Nano Biscotte so that you could just plug the saber itself to a computer instead of having to pull the SD Card itself out to change settings and such.. I know it's possible with sabers, but I don't know if that's a feature of the Nano Biscotte. I read through the Manual, and it wasn't totally clear on that. Was what the μSD symbol was on the NB diagram?
    No, the NB does not support RICE. The uSD symbol identifies where the SD card is located.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

You have 14500 batteries and an 18650 holder...

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    You have 14500 batteries and an 18650 holder...
    Okay, that was me copy/pasting the wrong thing by mistake, I know that's wrong. Fixed it. Aside from that, is this good?
    Last edited by Dogo; 10-08-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Arrow

I bought an Ultrasabers Apprentice V4 and I plan on basically hollowing it out and replacing most of the electronics. I just wanted to ask if this was a good list of parts I'd need.

Battery Pack/Speaker:
    TrustFire Protected 3.7V 2400mAh 18650 Lithium Battery (2-pack)
    MHS speaker mount V6 - For 28mm Speakers
    18650 Single Cell Holder
    2W 28mm Bass Speaker

Switch:
    12mm Anti Vandal Momentary White Ring Switch
    12mm AV switch bezel for MHSV1
    20mA DynaOhm? Variable Resistor

Charge Port:
    Switchcraft 2.1mm Power Jack
    3.7V Li-ion smart charger with 2.1mm plug
    Kill plug style 2

Sound:
    NB V2 MWS Header and Wiring Harness
    Nano Biscotte V2

MISC:
    Lots of wires, shrink tube, etc.
    9" Electronics shield for 1.25" ID tubes
    ---------------------------

If you are using US's hilt, double check the switch size, US is using pressfit, you may need to do some drilling.
    Other than that, looks ok.

US uses 12mm switches. If it's snug, I'm alright with sanding around the edges a bit. Need to have a charge port tapped anyway.

One last thing I'm worried about is that I don't know the technical specifications of the LED used. It's a purple blade made with one red and one blue diode. I don't know if it matters or not. But US doesn't say anything about their LEDS beyond using tri-cree in their brighter sabers.

The specs tend to be roughly the same. YOu can use the specs here in the store and you probably won't be too far off.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I just remembered that the blade holder doesn't detach... that's going to make this a lot harder... argh...

I just remembered that the blade holder doesn't detach... that's going to make this a lot harder... argh...
    Why do you think that's going to make it harder?

Also, if you have a stock apprentice V4, it's going to have a solid pommel that won't vent sound. So unless you're going to add holes yourself, you might want to order a new pommel/insert/clip.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    Why do you think that's going to make it harder?

Also, if you have a stock apprentice V4, it's going to have a solid pommel that won't vent sound. So unless you're going to add holes yourself, you might want to order a new pommel/insert/clip.
    Because it means the button is several inches into the hilt at a closed end.

I ordered the Saber with a different pommel since it looks pretty crappy with just the flat end. When it arrives, it should be vented.