Thread: Activation box help

Default Activation box help

Howdy all, I'm building my first saber have a chance to get a batch of parts anodized and would like to get any parts I might use for future upgrades done at the same time. Right now Im just building a stunt saber but would like to add sound and an illuminated switch down the road. I already bought an extra hilt piece with a 16mm hole and was wondering which activation box would be good to snag. I have no idea how many of the holes aside from the av switch hole are generally used. And if there are any other parts you guys can think I might be wanting down road suggestions would be great.

Thanks
    Last edited by Golgo1327; 10-04-2015 at 05:27 AM.

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

I'd suggest getting the milling service that corresponds to whichever activation box you're interested in. That way you get the clearance hole for whatever switches, plus the mounting holes for the box itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharyah View Post
    I'd suggest getting the milling service that corresponds to whichever activation box you're interested in. That way you get the clearance hole for whatever switches, plus the mounting holes for the box itself.
    Here's what I have already, the extra grip is drilled for 16mm av. I can drill and tap the 4-40 mounting hole myselff. I'm just wonder how many of the other little holes on the activation boxes (rice, small switch, charge port) are necessary. I only have one shot at anodizing and want to get as much done as possible.

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

None of them are strictly necessary. It all depends on what you're doing. A lot of people have designs where the R.I.C.E and recharge ports are only accessible from inside the saber. If you are just making a stunt saber, no sound, then you really only need the on/off switch. Most sound boards need 2 switches to access all features. So, the real question to ask is: what do you think you're going to want? I would suggest at least getting a box with space for the 16mm AV switch and a momentary switch.