Thread: Converting an MR Luke 2005, need some help with the board -> LED

Default Converting an MR Luke 2005, need some help with the board -> LED

Hey all!

I am fixing a friend's old 2005 Luke ROTJ lightsaber for him. Only thing I'm not sure on right now is he threw out the 'plug' part that went into the original LED strip, is it possible to just bridge the connections on the back of the board to essentially do the same thing as you're doing with the wires from the original plug? If not is there a place to get a replacement plug that would fit? I attached an image of what I was thinking, bridge the 6 pins for the ground and run a single wire to the LED, then run a single wire from the positive pin out for the positive on LED. Thoughts?

IMG_4422.jpg

That is perfectly fine, when I used to convert those sabers, I intentionally removed the header and soldered across the pads on the board. It makes it easier to reinstall the clash sensor as well.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Excellent, thanks for the reply, I figured it'd work all the same, glad to know i wasn't off on my assumption!

Default How did Lord Maul weather his MR Luke saber?

Hi. I have a MR Luke that I just finished converting/upgrading. I used Lord Maul's great "how to" instructions from, I believe, 2007. Thanks, Lord Maul! I would like to weather the finish and I am wondering which process Lord Maul used to weather his MR Luke saber that is pictured in that post?