Thread: Start of my First Saber Design

Default Start of my First Saber Design

Hello all!

So this will be my first post in this forum so lets get started!

Recently I discovered this awesome hobby of saber building and totally got obsessed. Started looking at buying a saber forge then did more and more research and decided that building my own was the way to go for me. So I hit the MHS builder hard and came up with my first design I was set on.

SaberBuilder_render2.jpg

From that 2d image I couldn't quite see exactly what I had in my mind so I went to FormZ and spent some time modeling.

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 5.07.09 PM.jpg

And there she is, my first finished (albeit still in progress) hilt design!

So feel free to offer suggestions or comments! I'll do my best to continue to post when actual progress is made

Nice looking. Keep in mind that the grooved section will have a smaller ID so be sure to plan for that.

@Drawcut

Yeah I had read about that. I originally was going to try to use a chassis design that I found on Shapeways but it wouldn't fit inside the grooved section so I'll have to figure something else out.

Well, if one from shapeways won't fit, you could always model your own and order that from shapeways.

That hilt design looks nice.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

@Miraluka

Yeah I was thinking about that but then on that same guys shapeways shop I found a version of a CF7 chassis that will fit the groved extension so all is well =D
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 10-08-2015 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Forum rules