Thread: PCB Confusion - Request Clarification

Default PCB Confusion - Request Clarification

Greetings,

A long, long time ago (but not very far away at all), I purchased a PCB from the shop. I never used it, because I ended up going with TCSS pre-made packs. Now I'm in a position where I need to build a battery pack and...for the life of me, I cannot remember which PCB I purchased. My question is whether there is any method by which I can visually distinguish the 3.7v PCB from the 7.4v. I looked at the product pages for both, and neither looks like the one I bought.

I include the following pictures for visual reference. There are several markings on the front side, but none that I can decipher.

It sounds like a silly question, but I really can't remember which one I bought. Am I correct in assuming that, if I do wire up two li-ions in series, and this is a 3.7v PCB, it will just limit the voltage to 3.7v? Or will it explode and leave a smoking crater where my workshop was? At this moment, that test seems to be the only way I'll know for sure.

Any ideas?

That is a 3.7V PCB
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I am sure that FJK knows what he's talking about. But to double check you can always log into your account, and under ACCOUNT SETTINGS, click SEE ALL for purchases for your PCB approximate purchase date, there you will find your PCB description.

Thanks, JD, but I trust FJK as much as I trust anyone. Rats. I really hoped I'd gotten the right one. May be a moot point, since I might have figured out a way to use the original pack I had in there last time.

FJK, thank you for your reply.