Thread: Building my second saber! WIP

Default Building my second saber! WIP

Well, I am in the process of building a saber for my wife. I've kept it a secret so far and hope to surprise her with it and her jedi costume so she can dress up for the Force Awakens release!
    IMG_20150827_174909.jpg
    scooter complete render.jpg
    This was the original design and I have since made some changes to the wood activation box/ring to allow for the switch I chose.
    Here is the new activation box/ring
    IMG_20151002_120815.jpg
    And here's a shot of the blade using a red orange/lime/royal blue Tri-rebel.
    IMG_20150920_020429.jpg
    "The Force is a river from which many can drink, and the training of the Jedi is not the only cup which can catch it."

That's quite an original idea Grimlock, I like it, although I'm more impressed that you can keep secrets from your wife

I'm either really sneaky or she's really oblivious!
    "The Force is a river from which many can drink, and the training of the Jedi is not the only cup which can catch it."

Really nice. Love the wood activation box.

Looks like I will be modifying the activation ring a bit more for esthetic purposes. I am also working on wiring the NB now and getting the chassis put together.

ohhhh thats really nice