Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Black Series Lightsabers

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Vader = Current conversion kit will work but you need to relocate the sound module to the rear housing. Be careful not to break the sound module taking it apart.

Yoda = Will not work unless someone figures out how to cut off part of the sound module and still have it function =)

Luke = No idea yet

Kylo Ren = We will be working on a kit for it

Any progression on the kit? Any estimated date of complete?
    Last edited by Darth_Venobi; 11-14-2015 at 11:20 AM. Reason: needed fix

I'm sorry to bump this, but I just purchased the Luke saber and I am wondering if it is possible to disassemble it just to remove the blade. Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by littlemisskywalker View Post
    I'm sorry to bump this, but I just purchased the Luke saber and I am wondering if it is possible to disassemble it just to remove the blade. Thanks for any help!
    This might help.

http://www.saberproject.de/en/sabers...#disassembling

When is the kylo Ren kit released I have been told the first conversion has been sent back to their owner?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Venobi View Post
    Any update on the kylo Ren kit?
    Is the conversion kit started building yet?
    Any progression on the kit? Any estimated date of complete?
    When is the kylo Ren kit released I have been told the first conversion has been sent back to their owner?
    It will be released when it's released. Patience...
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by emperor Vader View Post
    I think that the saber in the thread you linked is the Luke Signature ANH, not the Black Series. You can't remove the blade on the Black Series.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedgiant View Post
    You can't remove the blade on the Black Series.
    If it can be assembled, it can be disassembled. We have ways.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I've been messing around with my BS Luke ANH and an Anakin ROTS bladeholder; I think you should be able to just create a new blade holder for the Luke ANH in a similar fashion to how you made the Anakin one. It won't be a perfect replica of how the stock Luke ANH bladeholder is put together, but as long as the diameter is correct, and the locations of the thumbscrew/glasseye/pins cutouts are milled correctly, it should work fine. It won't have the little "lip" piece that's on the stock version, but it doesn't really need it as long as the edges are flush with each other. You could even cut notches in the upper portion of the blade holder (like the stock version has), so that the blade shows through. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ender9492 View Post
    I've been messing around with my BS Luke ANH and an Anakin ROTS bladeholder; I think you should be able to just create a new blade holder for the Luke ANH in a similar fashion to how you made the Anakin one. It won't be a perfect replica of how the stock Luke ANH bladeholder is put together, but as long as the diameter is correct, and the locations of the thumbscrew/glasseye/pins cutouts are milled correctly, it should work fine. It won't have the little "lip" piece that's on the stock version, but it doesn't really need it as long as the edges are flush with each other. You could even cut notches in the upper portion of the blade holder (like the stock version has), so that the blade shows through. What do you think?
    So does the Ani ROTS kit fit then? were you using the Non removable or removable blade version of the kit?

ROTS kit does not fit. As said by ender in my thread asking the specifics as to why it's not compatible:

The inner diameter of the hilts is different, so the bladeholders for each are also different diameters. Not only that, but the cutout locations for the glass-eye, thumb-screw, and pins are slightly different on each, so they don't align properly. A couple of ambitious folks have taken the Anakin ROTS bladeholder and modified it to fit the Luke ANH hilt, but it definitely takes some heavy modification of the bladeholder if you want everything to look just right.

Supposedly Tim is working on making new bladeholders for all the Black Series hilts, which includes a Luke ANH hilt (should fit the older Luke ANH ones too).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
    At least with the release of the BS FFX line we should be getting new parts in the store, and I'm 64% sure they're the same molds, only different material.
    You're correct about the molds. Hasbro basically reissued the same sabers as Master Replicas, only the Black Series lines have a few less metal parts, but the soundboards are a thousand times better! Only problem is, the soundboards are soldered to the LED blade-strips, so it's a bit harder to completely disassemble, and you have to be really careful when taking everything apart. That being said, the existing TCSS Vader and Yoda kits should still work (after relocating the soundboard), and Tim is making a kit for the Kylo Ren saber. He mentioned the Luke ANH kit as a possibility in an old post, but I haven't seen any recent updates.