Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: working on orgus din inspired saber

I like that the shroud doesn't completely cover the custom lathe working of the blade holder. Would be a shame to hide that craftsmanship.

Nice. I was about to ask about the design on the blade holder too. I like it and the whole design. Totally beats my first entry when CF gets released here :P
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Oh jeez, I love it even more now with that shroud

Definitely more of an Orgus feel now that you have the shroud.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Yea that shroud makes it. A relatively simple component yet completely changes the appearance...

I've a friend that wants me to make him a hilt, therefore I was showing him different options. Showed him this hilt, and he said, "that's what I want," so you're an inspiration, Snilam. Don't worry, I'll be making a pretty similar saber, but it is with inspiration and respect that I will do so.
    Last edited by Renaissance Jedi; 10-09-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance Jedi View Post
    I've a friend that wants me to make him a hilt, therefore I was showing him different options. Showed him this hilt, and he said, "that's what I want," so you're an inspiration, Snilam. Don't worry, I'll be making a pretty similar saber, but it is with inspiration and respect that I will do so.
    how's the quote go? imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Yes, I believe that is the way the saying goes.

slow progress not much free time this month. but here's etched shroud. I wanted to go pretty deep and I sanded out the etched areas but not all the way. next pc.

edit-
    nevermind got to pc it today however the picture is coming out somewhat brown? maybe its the lighting, it is past dusk here and incandescent lighting isn't the best. it is much more grey in person. its black chrome PC.
    Last edited by snilam; 10-16-2015 at 05:03 PM.

very cool etching!