Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: working on orgus din inspired saber

Default working on orgus din inspired saber

Hello everyone, now that I'm done with my saber for the TCSS contest I started a new saber today that is loosely inspired by the Orgus Din saber. It will not have the wood sleeve and a lot of the small greeblies but will have the general silhouette and have a leather wrap instead. All I have for right now is the body machined out of MHS parts and i'm using the new pommel. I will probly start shroud work next week or after. Not sure what electronics i'll use I'm thinking a prizm or maybe a PC since I've never used one before. Not sure on the LED either I think I may do a GGW or rBrBW since the last few I've done have been RGBs. Well here's a few pics of what I've got so far ... tell me what you think.

This is amazing work. The hilt looks rather long. How long is it assembled?

almost 13 inches the pommel adds quite a bit. its 11 without the pommel.

Don't wanna brag, but mines about 13 inches
    I am liking the look of that very much Snilam. Nice custom work, those thin lines subtlety whisper graflex

Blog Entries

Orgus with the snilam touch. Looking good.

More impotantly, anxious to see your contest submission. Love your style.

To be honest, I didn't really see the Orgus Din resemblance, BUT i like where this is heading. Very unique.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    I am liking the look of that very much Snilam. Nice custom work, those thin lines subtlety whisper graflex
    I didn't mean for that but now that you pointed it out I see it

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    To be honest, I didn't really see the Orgus Din resemblance, BUT i like where this is heading. Very unique.
    Ya its a stretch right now but after the shroud work and etching it will be more similar but again just inspired by not trying to recreate. I like the old republic style so I wanted to make a saber look like from that era and the Orgus is a good saber to get some inspiration from.
    Last edited by snilam; 09-30-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Snilam, I like this hilt so much, I may just make my own, minus the obi-pommel and leather wrap. I just love that grip section. What blade holder did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance Jedi View Post
    Snilam, I like this hilt so much, I may just make my own, minus the obi-pommel and leather wrap. I just love that grip section. What blade holder did you use?
    thank you and that is bh 12 my friend

Did a little work today with cutting out the shroud, needs a lot of clean up still. I'll get to etching later this month. I'm waiting on prizms to come back anyway