Thread: Ultrasabers Stock Switch Replace with AV switch without LED function.

Default Ultrasabers Stock Switch Replace with AV switch without LED function.

Is it possible for me to replace the default switch that comes with an ultrasaber with a AV switch. But without the LED function?
    I would like to know if its possible and if it is how should I go about removing the switch and replacing it.

hi welcome to the boards.
    First, these forums are associated with a company that is not Ultra sabers, that company is not usually delt with here due to issues in the past (you can google for more).

With that in mind I can give you some basic info... you will need to measure your current switch ( no one here will have its dimensions), then you can compare it to switches here to see if it will fit. The illuminated dot or ring can easily be skipped by not running any wire to those posts on the switch. lastly US has a history of using a lot of hot melt glue to secure things, you will have to check inside your saber, if its there, you will have to dig it out.

Their standard guarded switch is press-fit into the hilt. You can use a tool to just pry it straight out. Desolder the wire leads and keep track of them.

As for a replacement AV switch, a 12mm switch will fit into the recess machined in the hilt-you'll just need to redrill the through-hole with a 12mm-equivalent bit. If you want to use a 16mm switch, easiest way is drilling out the switch hole with a 16mm bit and using one of the TCSS bezels between the hilt and switch. You might have trouble screwing the switch nut, though, since their hilt walls can sometimes be unreasonably thick near the switch hole.

Also, be sure you're replacing a latching switch with another latching, or a momentary with a momentary.

Are we talking about a stunt here or do you have a soundboard? I'm just assuming it's a stunt.

If you're replacing it with a latching switch, you'll need either a bezel or activation box. Latching AV switches are too tall to put in the side of the hilt. Latching guarded switches barely fit.
    If you're using a momentary switch, you'll need a momentary to latching converter.

The switches are pretty easy to get out. Just pry it up with a flathead screwdriver or something like that.

I thiiiiink guarded switches go into a 12mm hole so you might be able to replace it with a 12mm AV switch but don't quote me on that. I'm not 100% sure.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.