Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Generic Crossguard - a PVC Stunt Saber

Quote Originally Posted by Doublea View Post
    How did you do the angle bevel on the pvc?
    I'm not sure what you mean.

If you are referring to the emitters, the left & right are just cut at 45 degrees off a miter box, and the center is the same, but carefully matched, so it comes to an arrow point ("V" shape).

If you are referring to the central "cross" or "+" section, where the ends taper off, that is the way that part was molded, I made no modifications there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkevin61 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean.

If you are referring to the emitters, the left & right are just cut at 45 degrees off a miter box, and the center is the same, but carefully matched, so it comes to an arrow point ("V" shape).

If you are referring to the central "cross" or "+" section, where the ends taper off, that is the way that part was molded, I made no modifications there.
    Yes, that part. Did you use some kind of special pvc then? Thanks for replying!

Quote Originally Posted by Doublea View Post
    Yes, that part. Did you use some kind of special pvc then? Thanks for replying!
    I got my colored PVC (and fittings) from a "Furniture grade PVC" company (google that, there is a company name that ends in "-fit").

I did not want to paint the PVC, so I chose the Black pipe & fittings. These are NOT panted, the plastic (through and through) is the color, and the "finish" has a very smooth "gloss" to it.

The dimensions are are equal to standard Schedule 40 plumbing pipe & fittings.

The body, the two 45 degree sides, and inverted "V" for the center are all 1" pipe, with a 1" end cap for the Pommel, and a 1" "Cross" fitting. I used 1.25" pipe to cut out 2 pieces to house the switch and recharge port. If you look at the pictures carefully, you can see the slight 1/8" gap between the two (as it is NOT one solid cylinder).

Very great work! I have a question about the led holder. You have used the screw for the led just like a retention screw of the blade?