Thread: Pommel Insert 12 "too loud"?

Default Pommel Insert 12 "too loud"?

I'm interested in getting this insert for my lightsaber so it can be used as a belt clip, however the reviews claim it to be loud and annoying. Is this really true, or is it an exageration? and if it is true, is there any way to silence it?

What makes it "loud" is the d-ring rattling around in it's retainer and flopping against the pommel. I've never had anyone complain when I've used it for them. I suppose you could wrap the straight section in something (fabric/leather/plastic/polar bear fur) to thicken the material and close the gap; this could also be said of the retainer. FYI you assemble that insert yourself, so it'd be easy to fiddle around with options if it's really an issue.

So the rattling is not too big a deal? It wouldnt, say, drown out the sounds from the speakers?

I'd say it's a slight rattle, I have a nano biscotte v2 card in my saber, w/ 2W bass speaker, and it's all powered by
    a 14500 Li-ion (for now) and I can honestly say I've had to turn down the volume on my saber a couple notches
    because the default volume level was just high enough to hurt my ears a little bit.
    All you can do is buy it, and see for yourself though.

(tl;dr) the speaker should be plenty loud to overcome the d-ring rattle.
    Last edited by TwinMill; 09-27-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Do you hear that?
    That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way.

I use them. They make a quiet sound rattling around, but its not really noticeable unless you are super anal retentive about it. It will not, in any way, drown out the speaker.

I also have that pommel insert. Wrap the flat part of the ring with a bit of electrical tape before you assemble it, Bingo! No rattle

Just one more question: does this insert make sound any less loud in comparison to other inserts based off the size/layout of the holes?
    Last edited by Nerdicus; 09-27-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Nope. They're all basically the same. The volume compares to the other inserts I use.