Thread: Custom boot sound not working

Default Custom boot sound not working

Ive made a custom boot sound for my girlfriends NBv2 saber. Its wav format, 16 bit, 22050 sample rate. Ive saved it with 2 different audio programs. Adobe audition & wavpad sound editor. Ive tried different options on those programs keeping the right settings. Even tried a different computer. Nothing is working.

Is there an audio program that works better or am i doing somthing wrong? Using the aformentioned programs on a windows 8.1 pc

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Blog Entries

Try Audacity and make sure both the project and the audio track are set to the correct sample rate.

I don't see mono listed there. Is your file in stereo?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    I don't see mono listed there. Is your file in stereo?
    Ah good catch!

File is in mono. Ive combined a boot sound that works with my modulated voice. Ill have to check the sample rate of my voice file. Thanks for the quick response.

If you're layering multiple sounds, so long as both are in mono when you save the file, the sample rates should save at the lowest rate available.

darth_chasm, Ty_Bomber Thanks for your help. I got it to work. I tried everything in Adobe Audtion...new project all the correct settings but still didn't work. Downloaded Audacity set all the right settings exported the file and it worked. Awesome!!! Thanks again for your help.

Blog Entries

Sweet. Glad to help.